Perth Campervan & RV Hire

Perth, Western Australia (WA)

Australia's fourth largest city sits upon the Swan River. A gateway to the west coast, Perth is your starting point to the magnificant Rottnest Island, the beauty of the state's southwest region and of course the north that include iconic locations such as Coral Bay and The Pinnacles.

What To See

Rottnest Island is an idyllic holiday destination just of the coast and is home to the unique, and extremely cute, quokka marsupials. Perth features some exquisite beaches, Cottesloe being among the most famous of those. Fremantle is a relaxed harbour town at the mouth of the Swan River famous for restaurants and its Cappuccino Strip. The Swan valley is home to some excellent wineries while is made up of coastal country towns and gorgeous landscapes. In the distant north are some of the most picturesque beaches the country has to offer, and major sightseeing points in Monkey Mia and Coral Bay, among others. 


How old do I need to be to hire a campervan or RV?

The minimum age to hire an RV in Western Australia is generally 21, however there are budget rental companies such as Hippie and Jucy that rent to 18 year olds and over. 

What are the best times of year to hire a camper in Perth?

The warmer months on the west coast begin in October and end in April, where it is still possible to enjoy the coast and swim in the ocean even outside of the summer months. The major six-weel school holidays from December to February are the busiest periods, as is Easter. The State's north, featuring popular destinations such as Broome, experiences opposite climate and ideal for visiting between April and November. 

How far will I need to travel?

The State's beautiful south-west with its sleepy country towns can be reached within a 2.5 hour drive, however you may need to plan in multiple days if you plan on visiting further afar places such as Albany and Esperance. To reach Coral Bay you will need to drive at least 12 hours (1,200km), or 2,300km to Broome.

What type of licence do I need?

A current and valid driver's licence is required when picking up your rental. Expired, probationary, a learner or provisional licences will be turned away by all rental companies. If your licence is in a foriegn language (not English), your will need a certified translation of your licence or an International Driving Permit. These rules apply also to anyone who wishes to drive the vehicle during the rental period as their details will also need to be included on the rental agreement signed at pick-up. 

Will I be charged a bond/security deposit at pick-up?

The answer to this is almost always yes in all cases. Most rental companies require that customers pay a security deposit equal to the vehicle's excess amount - the sum the renter the liable for in the event there is an accident or the vehicle sustains damage. The amount of the security deposit varies from company to company and which level of insurance chosen. bestCAMPER offers its customers an exclusive in this regard in the form of our BasicPLUS package, where any loss of the excess/bond is covered by our international insurance partner, HanseMerkur.